- I never make mistrakes.
- Never use a preposition to end a sentence with.
- Be sure the number of your verb agree with those of your nouns and adjectives.
- Don't splice two sentences with a comma, it looks amateurish.
- Always assiduously and absolutely avoid all ancillary alliteration.
- Repeating adverbs is a very, very, very bad idea.
- To egregiously and unnecessarily (especially by many words) split infinitives is a bad idea.
- Homophones can cause confusion in there spelling. For instance, the "there" over their in the last sentence is incorrect.
- Unless used in a subordinate clause or after a preposition which creates a phrase, the word "which" should usually be changed to "that".
- Eschew obfuscation.
- Avoid the use of redundant, superfluous, extra, excessive verbiage over and above what is or may possibly be necessary and sufficient.
- Most possessives have an apostrophe. Not so the third person neuter. It's correct usage lacks an apostrophe, which is only employed as a contraction for "it is".
- A herd of cattle is a collective and so are treated as singular (or ungular).
- Be careful, where you place commas, as excessive use, makes a sentence, choppy.
- Deployment of obscurified or speciality words in marginally the impolitic manner, technologically speaking, can unduly wierdify your proclamations.
- Some people are apparently not adverse to incorrectly substituting similar sounding words for the correct ones. This has a negative effect on the astute reader.
- I never make
misteaks mistrakes misstakes, especially not in speling.
- Firstly, do not use adverbs where nouns or adjectives are more appropriately.
- Ubiquity is rare.
- It is difficult not to believe that multiple negatives aren't a bad non-idea.
- It is not a bad idea to realize that a sentence like the previous one is a bad idea.
- your contribution here
Like what you see? Want to exchange links? Want to contribute original or attributed misteaks? Contact Us. If we use your material, we'll acknowledge the source. We try to be careful about whose misteaks we expose so all erors on this page will be unattributed. If you think something we put here is offensive to some identifiable group, let us know and we will consider whether to remove it.